Cinematic Street RacingReturn
Job Title: Programmer (Engine Tech & Metagame)
Work and roles:
- Game security and anti-cheat owner
- Creating and maintaining continuous integration with TeamCity
- Preproduction for metagame systems and UI
- Unreal Engine upgrades and UWP integration
- Implementing new engine features
- Code maintenance and bug fixing
Company: Electric Square, a Keywords Studio
Engine: Modified Unreal Engine 4
Duration: Feb 2017 - Apr 2019
I’ve worked on Forza Street since February 2017 starting out during preproduction programming and creating the initial UI and metagame backend systems.
In September 2017, I’ve transitioned from metagame work to owner of game security and anti-cheat infrastructure and tooling. This involved working with top-tier security software suites to secure the game binary from attacks and implementing anti-cheat measures.
Going into live-ops, I worked on getting our modified Unreal Engine up to date with the official repository whilst maintaining our UWP integation.
- Working in a large team
- Planning work on a per sprint basis
- Setting achievable milestone goals
- Learning to communicate with leads and the production team
- Unreal Engine 4
- Visual Studio
- Security software